Monday, July 21, 2008

back online!

it feels like i haven't been online in forever, ok it's only been since friday, but still...

this weekend was fun...charissa was away for the weekend, so tif and i "apartment sat" lol...one pic will explain everything:

we WUVVVV "lemonade" hahaha...


anyways, then on sat. we went to the dayton airshow after church...we mapquested directions and they were trying to get us lost...but i called tim and then we didn't have any problems finding it...lol once we finally got there we saw that tickets were like $19 we were like "damn! are you freaking kidding me?" so we went up to pay and the guy told us to wait five mins. and we could just get in for free! we were like "score!" but right then a lady came up and gave us her tickets! so we went right in! we watched the last of the airshow and then went up in a few planes...and a helicopter.... according to tif that's all you need to do at the airshow--"go in one or two planes and the helicopter" then you're good to go! sooo we thought...hmm, ICECREAM!?!?! so we went to this really cute icecream place...that "tif had been to before" HAHAHAHA! anyways...after about two hours we decided to head back to Columbus...i didn't wanna leave but...tif made me...lol

then today i had to get up early for a VBS meeting--i was a crewleader last summer and loved it (plus it looks really good on my resume! haha)! so i'm definitely doing it again this year! the kids are so cute and we have a lot of fun!

after that i spent pretty much all afternoon with my granddad...he finally said "when are you taking those wizard of oz plates?"...ever since i was a little girl, i've always loved the wizard of oz...so when my uncle (the gay one lol) bought all the collector plates (that have music boxes) from the bradford exchange i was so excited...i remember getting geeked everytime a new plate came in the mail!...they just sat in his closet and he eventually moved out, leaving them there collecting dust...i don't know why he spent so much money on them (they're $30/plate and he bought 12 of them!) just to leave them...but he always told me they were OUR plates! so when he started having problems with my family, my grandma told me that those plates were in her house and that he wasn't gonna get them--basically they were mine...well ever since gram passed away, my granddad's been trying to give everyone the things my grandma told them they could have...she wanted my aunt to have her jewelry box, my mom to have the piano, and i got those plates...somehow my granddad didn't know that i had claims on them and when my aunt (who loves the wizard of oz as well) asked for them, he said she could have them...well, i ended up finding out and told him what was up...lol she didn't know either and didn't have a problem with me taking them...but everytime i've been over there, she's usually there and although i know she's fine with me having them, i just felt really bad taking them in front of her...so i took them today when she wasn't there...there was also a huge snowglobe that went along with the plates...i'm wondering if he bought them all or if there are more to the set...i'm going to look online sometime this week to see...cuz i wanna get the ones i'm missing...although i'm thinking they might be hard to find since he did buy them in, oh...1994!!!


work sucked today but i got to see Austin before i went to work! i swear i hadn't seen that lil brat in FOREVER! lol but he told me i'm his best friend...






well i'm exhausted so i should go to bed soon. =]

3 comments:

Brianana said...

way to advertise your underage drinking and love for volunteer work with kids

alia said...

hahahahahaha to bri's comment... ya i saw the pictures of you and that kid, and i was like "kidnapping much?" lol

Zipporah said...

Wow! A weekend filled with church, alcohol, and VBS. I need new friends!!! LOL Just kidding. I wish I was there. Hahahaha
xoxo <3