Thursday, July 17, 2008

i am tired, sore, & burnt

first off--i went back and made the font on my last post larger...i'm not really sure why it was that small, but no worries, its all better now!

so right now i'm pretty uncomfortable...after being outside for over 6 hours yesterday, i didn't really see evidence of the sun i got...so today when my cousin asked me to take her to the pool, i thought--sure! we were only there for ehh, 2 hours or so but i got BURNT! lol i have a line where my bikini top was! haha but at least i know i'll be darker here in a few days...

not only am i burnt, but i'm sore from playing in the slip n slide last night and itching cuz i got mosquito bites on my leg and i'm soooo freaking tired from work...i showed up to work today and thought i was gonna fall asleep! the sun just drains all the energy out of you, making it almost impossible to function...so i was pretty excited when it was time for me to come home...

i have tomorrow and saturday off so i think we may be headed back to the pool...maybe i'll wear some sun screen this time! lol ;-) Tiffany and i were planning on chilling at my house this weekend, but Tim mentioned that the Dayton Airshow is this weekend...so i think we might go down to that (well Tim's probably bought the tickets already!)...i went with Heather and Daniel a few years ago...it was fun...that was the year i got a really bad sunburn and since i wore a necklace that day, i had a very interesting necklace line around my neck...*embarrassing!*...

i also met with my advisor (she wasn't the friendliest person in the world) today and scheduled classes...i'm taking a total of three classes! lol well one of my classes is 8 credit hours! yes, EIGHT CREDIT HOURS! lol that's insane, i know...but most of the time i will be in a classroom again...i LOVED observing at Ruth Murdoch so when my advisor told me about my option of taking that class, i knew right then i wanted to take it! she said that i'll be in a public school (obviously) and that i'll get really involved with the class...this is good for two reasons:
1) although as long as i can remember wanting to be a teacher, i've always imagined working in an SDA school...but the more i think about it and the further along in achieving my degree i realize that i'd probably be happier working in a public school...who knows though, they both have pros and cons like every job. and 2) i really like being involved with the class...at Ruth Murdoch, i would grade papers and occassionally help the students with math, reading, etc. but for the most part i was just sitting in the back of the class watching the teacher cut the mess out of the students (which, if you ever read my observation papers, you will be able to tell that really pissed me off lol)...so i'm excited to be more involved. along with that class i'm taking Anthropology (study of ppl!? seems boring but easy!) and then a required OSU class that basically just teaches you about the history of OSU & that type of thing...Charissa said it's a really easy, boring class too...plus it only meets one day a week!)...

after having to get 483924832 phones due to water damage, over charging, bad batteries, etc. i think i've finally convinced my mom to get me insurance! today at the pool, my cell got a little wet and ever since, hasn't worked right...it turned off and when i turned it on the only thing on the screen was the Verizon symbol...then it kept vibrating for literally like 10 minutes...i was like "omg is my phone having a seizure?" lol so i guess my peaceful, relaxing day off tomorrow will be interrupted by a stressful visit to Verizon...

well i'm very tired; hope everyone has a good night! =]

2 comments:

Brianana said...

gosh so much to comment on... lemme try to remember:
oh yeah- I actually layed out today. my mom had an interview and vic went with her to apply at pacsun, so I was here at my AUnts with my niece. I convinced her to lay out with me, then we came back in and took a 2 hour nap. The sun really does drain energy out of you- its so weird. When I used to do stuff outside a lot here- like fishing, rafting, stuff like that, I would always come home exhausted. I remember that stupid tan line. it was ridiculous. Anthropology should be fun. I've always wanted to take those classes- you learn about people in other parts of the world and different cultures. im surprised you haven had phone insurance this whole time. what on earth were you thinking?

alia said...

wow that sounds fierce